The WTSC presents major lectures each year and brings outstanding scientists to the area by partnering with a variety of organizations. Recent presentations include:
- Jane Goodall in partnership with the Grace Museum of Abilene.
- Tom Barns, Superintendent of the University of Texas McDonald Observatory, presented a lecture on the history of the Observatory.
- Andy Cloud, Director of the Center for Big Bend Studies, presented the Archaeological History of the Texas Trans-Pecos.
- David L. Lambert, Director of the McDonald Observatory, presented on the Origin of the elements in water.
- Karl Gebhardt, Professor of Astrophysics at the University of Texas at Austin and leader of the team that discovered the largest known black hole in the universe, presented the team research.
- Dr. Linda Hicke, Dean and Professor College of Natural Sciences, Molecular Biosciences, the University of Texas at Austin. Dr. Hicke made a presentation on "Texas Science for the 21st Century".
- Lindley Johnson, NASA Planetary Defense Officer, did a presentation on the asteroid threat to planet Earth and the mitigation possibilities when an asteroid poses danger.
Join our Mailing List